Sunday, August 10, 2008






Well, after taking two weeks to do pretty much nothin, and to recoop from taking care of my 2 nephews, I'm trying to catch up! As stated b-4 our trip to my brothers, "moms although they are taxing, & worrisome when r kids get sick, please don't complain til u have walked a day in the shoes of a mom who has not 1 but 2 kids with CF. I have much more appreciation for my sister-in-law & brother & all that goes with taking care of their 2 boys. All n all, we had a good time, just alot of things to keep straight, and we kept them busy so they would be tired by 9:30p-lol! We had them on a schedule somewhat, that worked for the 3 days they were n r care. We went to the park 2x's {which they loved}, til the 2nd x my youngest nephew ran off, & hid, I was panic stricken & well, let's just say he had "some thinkin to do" after that stunt, while the other 2 kids played. We had fun then Jeff & Naomi came home round midnite on Thurs & we still stayed up til 1 a.m., but that's ok, that's why I took two weeks to get back to normal behaviour-lol! If you think of it, please pray for their family, they are n need of a big miracle, & only God sees the other side of the storm & I know he'll bring them thru, it's just when u go thru it u almost feel there's no end to the storm, so..... I ask u pray for hem spiritually mostly, but also financially, emotionally, & physically--thanx!


For the past 2 years almost, our church has had a great piano player, from GBS{no other Bible school-rite?-lol} tonight is her last service with us, as she is moving on to complete her master's in Oxford Oh. Notonly has she been great for our church, but Dave & I have adopted her as our oldest daughter. Jessica has stayed with us for the past 2 years on the weekends, and we have had fun having her. Anyone who knows me, knows u don't come to my house & act stiff & like a guest, u come in kick the shoes off, go to the frig, or cabinets and help yourself, well, from the first time she was in our home that's how she was, super comfy, & we loved that, nothing for her to come n on a Sat nite and head straight for the frig, or ask what Dave made & just helpn herself . Because she became part of our family, we wanted to throw her a going away party & that's what we did, just yesterday, the church was invited & what a beautiful day for a party-eh? We had roughly 35 & I hear the food was good-lol! We wanted to play water volleyball, and we did, but somehow we ended up having a water balloon fight & what fun that was, however I'm glad they picked up the balloons that busted alllll oer the yard!! Now, her friend that has come with her-Kimberly, is stil with us, she will be staying with us as she has been for about a year now, and we claim her too, she's just one of us Bange's, & hopefully she won't leave anytime soon, as she heads back to GBS! The party was a success, & now we have alot of cleaning up to do on Mon,but that's ok, I love people & parties! I'll try to post pix soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

For us when we visit some blog site our main objective is to ensure that we will be entertained with this blog.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.

Sarah Cook said...

GraceAnne,
Thanks for inviting me to visit your blog! My heart breaks when I think about your brother and his wife and all that they have gone through. I feel badly for their little boys. I whispered a prayer for them. That was nice of you to watch their children so they could go spend time together.
A tip on getting more people you know to visit your blog, is to leave comments on your friends' blogs. That way, people who know you, can find you easier.
The party yesterday was very fun, and yes, the food was yummy as usual. And, Jennifer can store a great memory in her mind of my playing volleyball (Did I mention that I do not play volleyball well?)

Sarah Cook said...

Hey, by the way, I saw your post that not too many people invite ya'll over. You want to hear my confession? I have thought about having you over, but I am afraid that I cannot match your gift of intertaining... so, frankly, you intimidate me... HA! But, really, I think we should get together sometime... you let me know what works for you. Faith says that Olivia is her friend... I am sure they would enjoy each others' company! My girls have a pool, a slip-n-slide, swings, and lots of toys, so there is not much chance for boredom. We could just eat and visit (got a few games, too). Give me a call, you know my number.

Sarah Cook said...

I mean "Entertaining" with an E :-)