Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy wkend to all,

Well, we have been busy. Most of you know Dave & I do alot of entertaining, cooking, etc....
we love it! Today, we did the a meal that will go down in history as "the greatest conversation piece of all!" To save you from alllll the boring details, we were asked this past April to cook for a wedding, of a girl who has been coming to our church for about a year. I know her, but dave does not. So, I started the normal routine of planning such a thing, all the while not knowing what I got nto. I preceded to tell her what we did & how much we would charge {cause that much work and effort isn't free} plus supplies etc..... It took til 2nd wk of May for her to really decide and the agreement was made. She asked if I would coordinate the ceremony, as I also do that part as well{love it} She not knowing what a rehearsal was, was rather surprised to hear that I said we needed one. So, time was set for rehearsal and 5:00 it was on Fri the 6th. As we showed up a few b-4 5:00, we who were there waited, met the family who had come in, and just prepared for the reception,{a personal note, my husband bought the professional chafing sets, I love'em their neat!} The bride did not show til 30 min after 5:00, I was not real happy, upon arriving I had no program, she did not bring anything with her so I sat her down to get details, of how, who, when & most of all.......why? At 6:15 we started rehearsing. On wedding day, knowing her history of being late, I told I needed her their @ ? giving her a 30 min late time if she was late. Well, at the xpected x she calls and says she can't get there til at least 11 a.m. we had a rehearsal with no music do to her messing things up I might add. At 11.10 I called and asked her where she was, she said I.m sewing my dress, I can't get there til about 1:00{it started @ 1}, all the guests thankfully there were not but about 40, came in and sat there til 2:30 when she came in! Yes, that's right I said 2:30. 90 min after started x the bride was ready, when she got there she had to have her dress ironed, sown, and other things had to be done. If you know me at all, I was "righteously indignent" by 10.00, the food was done & in the chafing pans, @ 2.00 as we planned and we just waaaaaited!!!!!!!!! After the ceremony we ate, it all went ok, about a 15 min ceremony, I think. It was by far the "blue ribbon winner" this year for weddings when the bride is late to her own wedding has to beat all!!! Jennifer, mom's starting to plan yours now---ha, ha!!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

At least the dinner was awesome. You're cooking for mine,right?

Martha C said...

Had fun catching up on all your posts! Love the new pics of Olivia. Dave, 50?! Wow! He holds his age well. :-)